Let’s be clear. Staying ahead of the curve isn’t an advantage anymore – it’s a necessity. As digital commerce picks up pace, online businesses must harness the power of data. BigCommerce GA4 Integration can be a pivotal milestone in your journey toward informed decision-making and enhanced user experiences.
Interestingly, GA4 is regarded as the most advanced version of the Google Analytics platform, providing next-generation solutions for ecommerce marketers.
GA4 comes with various advanced features & technical capabilities that extend beyond traditional web analytics. It considers artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) to offer businesses the most accurate & actionable insights.
In this helpful guide, we will learn how to set up a GA4 account & integrate it with your BigCommerce store.
Whether you are a beginner or an expert, this blog will help you make the most of GA4 BigCommerce integration in 2023, 2024, and beyond.
How Can BigCommerce GA4 Integration Help Retailers?
BigCommerce is an excellent choice for enterprise-level businesses because of its advanced technical features & tools.
The ecommerce platform is fortifying its capabilities & elevating its performance to new heights by incorporating artificial intelligence technologies like Google Cloud AI.
Keeping up with the latest advancements, BigCommerce allows you to effortlessly integrate with the most powerful Google Analytics 4.
The Google Analytics 4 BigCommerce integration is a game changer for BigCommerce retailers.
Let’s look at how the GA4 BigCommerce union can benefit retailers:
- BigCommerce GA4’s e-commerce tracking feature gives marketers more profound insights into customers’ shopping behavior.
- You can create custom dimensions & metrics to track specific data related to your business.
- If your BigCommerce store has multiple domains or subdomains, the cross-domain tracking feature ensures accurate data collection on all your online properties. It helps retailers understand the buyer journey across all the touchpoints.
- The BigCommerce Google Analytics 4 integration aids retailers in creating custom reports & dashboards through GA4. This helps visualize & analyze the data relevant to your business objectives.
All of this is just the tip of the iceberg. So, we suggest Integrating GA4 into your BigCommerce store & tapping into the full potential of GA4 capabilities to boost your online business.
Steps for BigCommerce Google Analytics 4 Integration
BigCommerce GA4 integration is a simple & straightforward process. Just follow the step-by-step process below, and you’re good to go!
1. Create Your Google Analytics Property 4
The first step is to create a new GA4 property in your Google Analytics account.
- Proceed to your Google Analytics account.
- Click “Admin” on the top left of your screen.
- Select the “Create Property” option and follow the prompts.
- Your new GA4 property will be set up.
2. Setting Up a Google Analytics 4 Account
- Log in to your BigCommerce Store.
- Proceed to “Advanced Settings”.
- Click on the “Web Analytics” option.
- Enable the “Google Analytics” option.
- Select “Save” to save your changes.
3. Generate Your GA4 Measurement ID
The GA4 measurement ID is a unique identifier you can use to track or send the data to your BigCommerce store. Follow the below instructions:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics dashboard.
- Proceed to “Admin” and select “Data Streams” options.
- You can find the “Measurement ID” on the screen.
Please remember that “Measurement ID” is available only if you initially created the property. Thus, ensure you choose the correct account & property.
4. Enter the GA4 Measurement ID
For BigCommerce GA4 integration, you should enter the GA4 tracking code to your website. Here are the steps to follow:
- Proceed to your BigCommerce store’s “Admin” panel.
- Go to the “Storefront” option & click on the “Script Manager.”
- Select “Create a Script.”
- Select “Google Analytics 4” as the script type.
- Input your GA4 measurement ID.
- Select the “Save” option to save the script.
5. Verify Tracking
Once the BigCommerce GA4 setup process is finished, you should track and verify the analytics reports to ensure they collect accurate data.
Allow it to collect data for the next 24 hours & verify the reports to ensure successful tracking of your customer journey.
There you have it! A quick and straightforward guide to help you integrate your BigCommerce store with Google Analytics 4.
It’s clear that the advanced abilities of BigCommerce GA4 can help BigCommerce retailers accurately predict future trends, market demands, and consumer behavior & also highlight critical patterns in the data.
This is extremely important in today’s dynamic e-commerce landscape, where consumer interactions with businesses constantly change.
But sometimes, you might face rare issues with BigCommerce GA4 integration. Or, you might just need some help to ensure the process goes smoothly. There are several instances of users seeking help for issues and reading tips in online forums. However, opting for professional BigCommerce services is the best decision you can make for your business.
Thankfully, Cronix is just a click away to meet all your BigCommerce needs. With 13+ years of experience in the domain, our team of BigCommerce maestros delivers exceptional results in minimum time.
Even if any uncertain issues occur, technical experts can take care of them. Let us guide you in making the most of BigCommerce Google Analytics 4 integration.
Get in touch with one of Cronix’s representatives today. Just tap the ‘Contact Us’ button!